Undergraduate Study at the University of Oxford
See all FAQs 1. How are Kwok Scholars selected? 2. What costs does an Oxford Kwok Scholarship cover? 3. What does a Kwok Scholarship maintenance grant cover? 4. I already have an undergraduate \degree, am I eligible to apply for a Kwok Scholarship? 5. Can I apply for a Kwok Scholarship to study at a university other than the University of Oxford and Yale University? 6. Can I apply for a Kwok Scholarship to study an undergraduate programme other than Philosophy, Politics and Economics? 7. Am I allowed to accept awards in conjunction with a Kwok Scholarship? 8. Do I need to translate my university transcripts, which are in Chinese, before I submit them? 9. I am currently a student in the UK. Does it matter if I apply from the UK? 10. Who covers the cost of attending the interview? 11. What documents do I need to take with me to my interview? 12. What is the dress code of the interview? 13. What should I expect of the interview? 14. What questions will I be asked at the interview? 15. If my interview is conducted through Skype, will I be disadvantaged? 16. My university is asking me to pay a deposit, what should I do? 17. What should I consider when indicating a preference for a college? 18. Who pays for my accommodation? 19. My college is asking me to live out, can you help?
Undergraduate studies at the University of Oxford
Philosophy, Politics and Economics at the University of Oxford
History and Politics at the University of Oxford
Psychology (Experimental) at the University of Oxford
Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics at the University of Oxford
Established by the Kwok Scholars Association (founded by Dr. Walter Kwok), each year the Kwok Scholarships will provide full funding for up to two exceptional students from Hong Kong or Mainland China with an intention to serve the public for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China. Funding is available for two undergraduate scholarships at the University of Oxford, annually. Scholarships are tenable for the full duration of a standard undergraduate course (3 or 4 years in length). Priority will be given to Philosophy, Politics and Economics and History and Politics. Applicants of Psychology (Experimental) and Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics are also welcome to apply.
- Course fees;
- A maintenance grant for living expenses;
- One return economy airfare.
To be considered for an undergraduate Kwok Scholarship, an applicant must:
- be a Chinese student from Hong Kong or Mainland China;
- have exceptional academic merit; and
- have been offered a place to study an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford that is covered by Kwok Scholarships.
Kwok Scholarships aim to foster talents for future leaders to serve the public for the benefit and betterment of the people of Hong Kong and/or China. The broad selection criteria include:
- have financial need;
- show leadership potential;
- demonstrate a commitment to improve the lives of others and the intention to use his or her studies at the University of Oxford to further that commitment; and
- have a vision of serving the community with his or her field of expertise.
Application Procedures and Timeline:
- Candidates must first apply for an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford using the UCAS application, by 15 October 2022, and be successful in gaining a place for admission for the 2023 entry.
- Eligible candidates who have received an offer for an undergraduate course should submit a separate application for a Kwok Scholarship via www.kwokscholars.org by 31st January 2023 and will be required to arrange for at least two references to be submitted on their behalf.
- March 2023: Short-listed applicants will be interviewed and the selected applicants will be notified of their acceptance
18.00 on Tuesday 31st January 2023 (China Standard Time)